Wednesday, November 23, 2011

50 People One Question: To Wake Up


“If you could wake up ANYWHERE tomorrow morning, where would you be?”

A content person would answer this question with a simple, “I’d wake up in my bed at home.” For the rest of us however, this question is not only intimidating, but thought-provoking.

“To Wake Up” from the 50 People One Question series shares the answers of 50 strangers to this very question. Some people answered “home,” while others wished to wake up in “paradise.” The part at 3:19 really touched me!

As I watched this video I couldn’t help but to feel its power. Despite living in the “World's best city, Sydney,” chasing my dream & working with amazingly talented people, my honest answer to the question would not be “in my bed at home.” Although cliche, I am an avid believer in the “home is where the heart is”. Surely money, status & power can help a person feel satisfied with their life; however, material things only exist as half of the equation (for some, including myself, less than half).

So if home is where the heart is, how could someone without love attain a sense of home…?
          …they can’t. 
 If I could wake up anywhere tomorrow morning, where would I be…?
          …with the man I've fallen in love with and married- my husband! 



Never underestimate the power of daydreaming…

No comments:

Post a Comment